- Check the press release and What's new section of these sites. They often contain the organizations views on the Budget.
- The Australian Industry Group
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI)
- Victorian Employers Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI)
- Australian Business Home Page
- Business Council of Australia Web Page
- The Business Centre:Telstra
- National Business Bulletin - Home Page This site focuses on Small Business.
- Employers' Federation General Information Page
- Choice - Home Page Australian Consumers Association
- Organized Labour
- LaborNet Home Page
- Welcome to the ACTU
- The New Australian news magazine
- News Weekly Conservative view of the Budget
- Welfare Organisations
- Welcome to the Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Political Parties
- The Australian Democrats
- Australian Labor Party
- The Liberal Party of Australia
- Rural Sector
- National Farmers Federation
- ABC Rural News
- Property Sector
- Australian Real Estate Online [property.com.au]
- Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV)
- Australian Building News
- Economic Sites
- CEDA Economic Council for the Development of Australia.
- Access Economics Home Page
- Other Industries
- TOURISM COUNCIL AUSTRALIA - HOME
- Australian Medical Association Home Page
- Australia - your centre for global financial services in the Asia-Pacific
- Australian Financial Markets Association
- Overseas Budgets
- The 2001-02 Budget Hong Kong Budget Latest from the SAR.
- Ministry of Finance Budget 2001 Singapore
- Details of the UK Budget from Insitute of Fiscal Studies
- UK Treasury
- Japanese Budget
- Bank of Japan (English)
- Financial Services Agency JapanBudget;Japan
- Ministry of FinanceDetails of Japan' attempts to stave of economic ruin and debt sapped financial sector.
- US Budget
Bush goes for tax cuts see the outlines and speeches atOffice of Management and Budget 2002 US Budget and at the Whitehouse:latest on US Budget Congressional Budget Office Home Page Details and Reports on The US BudgetCenter on Budget and Policy Priorities Private OrganisationHouse Congress Budget portal Current NewsThe Economy on CBS Marketwatch See NewsFinderCapitol report on US BudgetBudget reports NationalJournal.comThe Economic Report of the President
- The Commonwealth Budget 2000-2002The Federal Governments gateway to Budget download sites. Budget Statements 1 and 2 and the Treasurer's speech can be downloaded here. Budget statement number one the economic overview and economic outlook contains an excellent summary table of economic statistics and forecasts.
- Need past Budgets go Commonwealth Budgets Treasury Publications
- If these sites are busy try the alternatives:
- The Commonwealth Budget 2001-2002 ATO
- The Commonwealth Budget 2001-2002DFAT
- The Commonwealth Budget 2001-2002 Finance
- The Commonwealth Budget 2001-2002 APH
- Parliamentary Library
Monthly Economic and Social Indicators (MESI) Index Usually offers a comprehensive review of the budget in fairly straight forward language.
These pages carry a range of links to resources on this years budget. They allow teachers to access newspapers articles, comment by a range of interest and pressure groups as well as the comment made by people overseas.
- BRW.com.au - Budget 2001 Synopsis
- BRW.com.au - Budget 2001
- smh.com.au - Budget Night 2001
- Costello gets a big tick from big end of town...
- The Age - Federal Budget 2001
- The Age: Costello's giveaway election budget
Selected Budget Activities Budget Activities Data Organisers
These activites are designed to link the Budget and Unit Three. A version without typo's will appear shortly at the VCTA
Budget Resources for classes and for students
Teachers should note that many of the newspapers offer webcasts and other online video resources which can be played to students using a data show. If you have video editing software then you can cut and paste and insert your graphs and comments. An excellent resource for students on Budgetary Policy is The Commonwealth Budget 2001-2002 highlights and from the same source the Budget Overview and economic Outlook at The Commonwealth Budget 2001-2002]
- The following newspapers offer spectacular Budget Coverage;
- Financial Review - Budget 2001 The AFR 's coverage is for subscribers only however some schools do have subscriptions and while sometimes difficult the AFR offers excellent economic commentary on the budget.
- News Corporation; offers excellent coverage and a special student section which offers a budget bonanza. Budget Watch: news45 Budget watch
- The Age offers excellent commentary and usually a summary of opinions
- SMH offers an excellent budget roundUp as well with a diverse range of views presented.
- BRW Offers good coverage on the Budget and Ed Shann and Don Stammer usually mention it in their weekly economic columns. Robert Gottliebsen views can be read, seen on video or heard using audio at Business Daily
- Aunty will not let you down. Reports are available in Video, text and audio. Go the ABC Budget Special at ABC Budget Special or ABC News and try Economy. Lateline.
- Yahoo! Full Coverage:Australian Economy
- Regularly updated news reports and excellent on the day after the budget.
- Bank Perspectives
- Westpac, the ANZ and the National produce Budget summaries and comment which are usually quite useful in the classroom. Subscribers can access the same from the Commonwealth.
- ANZ Economics
- National Bank;Nab Markets
- Westpac Economics
- Australian Conservation Foundation
- The Wilderness Society
- Overseas newspapers
- International Herald Tribune
- BBC News Online
- FT.com |
- The Business Times Singapore
- Dismal Scientist
- Bloomberg.com.au Australia:
- Foreign Banks
- Banc One Capital Markets,
- Morgan Stanley
- Welcome to Bank of America
- Welcome to ABN AMRO
- Finance Firms
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- PricewaterhouseCoopers: Australia: Home
- Ernst & Young Australia Federal Budget Brief
- Paterson Ord Minnett Budget Response
- Baillieu news reports
- Merrill Lynch Research - Overview Global Economic Trends pdf
- CPA OnlineMedia Releases Frameset CPA Budget